Say goodbye to costly WordPress donation plugins and say hello to a user-friendly and cost-effective solution. Givebutter empowers nonprofits to drive more online donations with free donate buttons and donation forms.
With Givebutter’s easy-to-use WordPress integration, nonprofits can customize donation widgets, accept multiple payment options, and raise more than ever before. No complicated coding required.
How to add a donate button to WordPress
Accepting WordPress donations has never been easier. By using Givebutter’s all-in-one fundraising platform, nonprofits can embed custom WordPress donate buttons and donation forms onto their WordPress website in minutes—all for free.
1. Sign up (it’s free!)
Get started by signing up for a free Givebutter account. Once you have your account set up, access the code generated by Givebutter and add it to the Code Snippets in your WordPress dashboard. We promise you won't need a web developer for this—it's a straightforward process that takes just a few minutes. Sign up →
2. Design your dream WordPress donation plugin
Create and customize donate buttons and donation forms that meet your fundraising needs and match your nonprofit's brand identity in your Givebutter account. You have the flexibility to adjust the text, color, and style and even link them to different campaigns. This way, your donation widgets seamlessly blend with your website's overall design and create a cohesive experience for your supporters.
3. Copy & paste
Every time you create a new donation widget, Givebutter automatically generates the code for you. All you need to do is choose where you want the donation plugin to appear on your WordPress site and then copy and paste the code provided by Givebutter into the WordPress web designer. Smooth like butter. 🧈
WordPress for nonprofits just got better
Givebutter empowers nonprofits to create unlimited WordPress donation widgets in just a few simple steps and utilize 100+ other free fundraising tools. With Givebutter’s free WordPress integration, organizations can engage supporters at every turn without any of the hassle (or hefty fees!).
Givebutter’s free WordPress fundraising integration allows nonprofits to:
- Offer flexible online giving with popular payment methods, including debit/credit, Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay, donor-advised funds, and more.
- Build sustainable revenue by accepting WordPress recurring donations (monthly, quarterly, and yearly).
- Go beyond other WordPress donor management tools to track and analyze all donations and donor activity automatically through Givebutter’s built-in nonprofit CRM.
- Connect with supporters directly using Givebutter's free email and SMS marketing tools.
- Give donors the opportunity to cover the payment processing fees other WordPress plugins (like the PayPal donate button) typically require nonprofits to pay, so you can keep more of the hard-earned dollars you raise.
Givebutter is the most-loved and highest-rated nonprofit software that has everything nonprofits need to raise more for their missions—all in one place, all completely free. Sign up to start driving more WordPress donations today.
I love how Givebutter donation widgets work on our webpage and that our donors can contribute at their preferred range at their preferred frequency. Not only does Givebutter have automation like thank-you letters, but it also integrates with our tools like MailChimp and WordPress, which is really really helpful.
WordPress donate buttons and more
Givebutter is more than just a powerful donation platform. Givebutter is the free all-in-one fundraising solution that enables nonprofits to host engaging fundraising campaigns, sell tickets to events, build relationships with donors, and much, much more.